Edjet LMS Server 6.4
How to reliably upload files from your device to Edjet LMS and what are the supported media types and upload file sizes.
Steps to upload your files:
- Sign in to Edjet LMS admin.
- In the menu click cloud_upload Media Library.
- Navigate to folder you want to upload file to.
- In the toolbar click cloud_upload Upload.
- Click Browse files.
- Find file and select it.
- You can select and upload multiple files at once.
- Click Open.
- You can also drag the files to the upload area.
- Click Upload.
Actual supported file types and upload file sizes limit are present on the upload page.
- Maximum size of uploaded file: 2 GB
- Allowed file types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, htm, html, pdf, zip, rar, txt, csv, xml, isdoc, swf, flv, mov, avi, mpg, mpeg, asf, xls, doc, ppt, pps, odt, odp, ods, odg, odf, mp3, mp4, f4v, 3gp, wav, ogg, amr, pptx, ppsx, docx, xlsx, wmv, wm, eot, svg, ttf, woff, woff2, webm, ogv
To raise default size limit or add file types, please contact your Edjet LMS Administrator.
All files are automatically renamed to have “web safe” names before upload.
The name can contain only:
- lowercase letters and numbers (a-z, 0-9)
- dash or underscore (-, _)
To have a full control over the file names, rename them before upload manually.
When you upload files to Edjet LMS, it use a storage space.
To know how much storage you have, please contact your Edjet LMS Administrator.
Images, some types of documents and namely videos can be very large.
This can cause some problems:
- uploading files takes long time,
- files consumes a lot of storage,
- and downloading by the users can be slow or not possible, specially on mobile devices
A common way to reduce your file size while still keeping the videos and images quality high:
- To compress a video is to encode it using the H.264 codec.
- To compress images use JPG for photos (quality 50 % to 70 %) and PNG for screenshots.
- To compress PDF use a "web preset" in your PDF reader.
Uploading times vary depending on the file size, your internet connection, and upload traffic.
Upload could take anywhere from a few seconds to several hours.
If you’re experiencing any issues, we recommend:
- Make sure the file matches the maximum file size.
- Check file extension against current valid extensions.
- Rename a file to web-safe name as sometimes spaces or special characters can cause problems. Also, if the Edjet LMS is deployed to Linux server, the filenames are case sensitive.
- Verify general Edjet LMS availability – can you access other parts of the application?
- Make sure you’re using supported and up-to-date browser.
- Check your Internet connection. If you are on mobile connection, try to find a place with better reception if possible.
- If none of above helps, just try again later or contact your Edjet LMS administrator.